Nov 29, 2012

Budapest In A Day

Budapest reflects various cultures that have influenced it over centuries. I was there only for a day. I remember how we spent the entire day in the city soaking in the wonderful atmosphere there. It is a vast city, divided to two parts, Buda and Pest on either side of the river Danube. A lot of planning is required if you wish to systematically see all the major sights.

 My travel experience of Budapest is posted here at Yahoo travels. Here is a picture of Heroes’ Square, a world heritage site. It was built to commemorate the 1000th anniversary of the Magyar conquest of Hungary in 895. The tall structure in the middle is the Millennium Monument. That is the statue of the archangel Gabriel at the top. And there are statues of famous men who made their mark on Hungarian history in the semicircular colonnade.



15 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Such a historic place and a beautiful capture for the day, Indrani! Hope your week is going well!

Carver said...

Absolutely stunning shot. I enjoy your travel shots so much.

Robert Geiss said...

Must have been a great journey. Wonderful picture.

Kay L. Davies said...

Great shot, Indrani. How wonderful that you had time to see Budapest.
We were actually there last weekend, the final port in a river cruise, but I was unable to go ashore because I wasn't well. However, coming into "the jewel of the Danube" at night when everything was alight was absolutely beautiful, and I have those memories of Budapest to last me for the rest of my life. My husband took many photos, so I have those, too.
K

Kusum Sanu said...

Awesome shot!

Jidhu Jose said...

Excellent framed shot. I think there was a pigeon .
happy SWF

Snapshot

NatureFootstep said...

nice shot.

Arti said...

Thats such a wonderful capture! Grand.
Have a lovely weekend Indrani :)

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful photos of Budapest, so interesting! Wishing you a great weekend.

Laura said...

gorgeous sky above the architecture!

magiceye said...

Lovely composition!

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Many years ago I had a pen friend from Hungary and since then have always wanted to visit Budapest, you have tempted me again. :)

Shilpa Garg said...

Wonderful shot and nice to know a bit of history and the fact that it has 2 parts... Buda and Pest!

George said...

This is a marvelous photo. My late wife was Hungarian and always wanted to take me to Budapest. Unfortunately, we never made it.

Haddock said...

Europe is full of rich history and they are good at showcasing the same to the world.
Like that panoramic picture showing all the details and its enormity.