Dec 3, 2012

Dream House

Do you have a dream house? Or are you living in one of yours?

As a child I had answered such questions with ease. Needs were less, dreams were innocent and the dream house a small cute one! As I grew up, in this mad rush of life dream house took a back seat. A thought lingered on to acquire a house, just a house! ‘Dream’ had vanished. Bangalore city was developing like a concrete jungle. All around it was just tall high rise buildings. Choices got restricted to floors, how high does one want to reside… and I chose third floor.

With hectic schedules of life, I had forgotten about dreams and dream houses. Today as I was going through the pictures of Arras, France, I chanced on this photo. The beautiful red bricked house with gray clouds in background and green patch in foreground… it was captured as we drove by. It resembled so much like I had seen in my dreams. This can be a possibility only if I choose to stay from city!


18 comments:

Jeevan said...

This is so wonderful house! Who won’t dream about it? wow.

SueAnn Lommler said...

Beautiful....I too have a dream house..one I designed. But I love where I live now..so....sure can't complain.
Hugs
SueAnn

DeniseinVA said...

It's a lovely house and definitely a dream to someone living there. My dream house is a small cottage or a log cabin in the wildnerness. I doubt I will get it but that's what dreaming is all about :) Wishing you a great week Indrani.

TexWisGirl said...

that's a pretty one. well worth a dream or two. :)

Bob Bushell said...

Nice house, but, it would be better if it was alone.

Sylvia K said...

A dream house indeed, Indrani!! Great capture and the perfect setting as well! Thanks for sharing a dream! Have a wonderful week!!

ladyfi said...

Oh, such a pretty dream house!

George said...

We've had two or three 'dream' houses over the year, but I honestly think our current house is pretty dreamy.

Carver said...

That's a charming house.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful house. This is truly nice place with a mix of old and new styles.

Carol L McKenna said...

Lovely house ~ I have lived in several of my 'dream houses' (literally) and now live another one ~ grateful ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

ps ~ thanks for coming by ^_^

Team G Square said...

Bangalore has lost its old charm . Its quite impossible to own a house like this in Bangalore.

Krishna said...

so beautiful house...

thanks

Island Rambles Blog said...

That is a wonderful house, but a house is just a house, it is the love inside the house that makes it a home. But I do like that big house!!! cheers.

Pieces of Sunshine said...

It sure is a beautiful house however it's what or rather who is inside which really matters.

Cloudia said...

Dreams ARE out home!


Happy Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

~ > < } } ( ° >

> < 3 3 3 ( ' >

NatureFootstep said...

looks like a great house. :)

Shilpa Garg said...

Wow! This sure is a wonderful dream house. It would be lovely to have a home like this!! :))