Dec 30, 2012

Orchids In My Garden

A year and half back I had procured two new orchid plants. My lone orchid plant looked as if it could do well with some company. So a year and half back I had procured two new orchid plants. Initially the plants shed off its leaves and looking at their pitiable state I gave up all hopes the plants would survive. The stems continued to be green though. I continued to water them regularly.

A couple of months back a tiny shoot appeared. My joy knew no bounds. The stick had only four buds, but at least it survived and flowered and that was more than what I had expected. Here is a shot of the flower. (The other orchid too is showing signs of blooming.)

20 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Isn't it wonderful when we are surprised like this!!! It's happened to me with some of my plants, too!! Beautiful flowers and colors!!

SueAnn Lommler said...

Gorgeous...I just love orchids. Yours are stunning,
Hugs
SueAnn

Jidhu Jose said...

beautiful

R Niranjan Das said...

Nice shot!

Liza said...

Very pretty! Happy New Year!

Duranta Erecta

Luna Miranda said...

what a lovely shade of pink! finally, the orchid pleases you back after more than a year of your tender loving care.:p

Pink-striped Trumpet Lily

ashok said...

happy new year Ind

Joop Zand said...

A very nice flower and great photo Indrani.

Wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

greetings, Joop

R.Ramakrishnan said...

Really very pretty & colorful.

Tarang Sinha said...

Lovely flower!:)

Jeevan said...

Beautiful shot! Glad it bloomed at last :)

TexWisGirl said...

just gorgeous. :)

Onkar said...

Lovely shot

Carver said...

Your orchid is gorgeous.

Bob Bushell said...

Blossoming very well, I love that.

SandyCarlson said...

I love stories like this one. That is a beautiful orchid.

DeniseinVA said...

I love your orchid. I am so glad it started blooming and how kind of you to share it with us. Thanks so much and I would also like to wish you a Happy New Year :)

Bikramjit said...

I have tried TRIED so hard but they dont survive for some reason ..

beautifulllllllllllll I so want to have them in my home

Happy new year to you and family and everyone around you :)
Bikram's

Judy said...

How dedicated you are, to keep watering the orchid on faith!! I love the shape of the blossoms!!

Valerie said...

What a glorious capture, Indrani. I share in your joy at its beauty.