Feb 3, 2013

Orchids Again

Sometime back I had mentioned here that I was waiting for my third orchid to bloom. Finally, after a long wait it has bloomed. The stick had only 5 buds, two of them have bloomed. I am impatient to wait for all these to bloom, so here is the stick with two blooms.


It has such a pale pink color that I wasn’t sure if I should be disappointed. I was expecting some bright hues. But now as I watch it more closely I have started loving the color. Soft pink, the lightest shade possible, it looks so delicate like the skin of a fair lady. When the seller was rattling out the names of the orchids, my mind was so preoccupied with thoughts of which had more chances of survival that I did not register the names. I now have absolutely no clue as to which family of orchid this belongs to. Please leave the name as comment if any of you know it.

I am now feeling more encouraged to purchase a couple of varieties more. This time I will pay attention to names.

Today's Flowers

17 comments:

hitchwriter said...

It looks beautiful ! :) I love the hue... don't be greedy ! :P

SueAnn Lommler said...

Beautiful orchid and you photographed it well.
Hugs
SueAnn

Bob Bushell said...

I love your Orchids, one of my favourites.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely orchids, Indrani!

Łucja-Maria said...

Pictures always very beautiful.
Your blog is so beautiful and interesting ...
This time showing orchids.
I wish you all the best ...
Thank you for your visit.
Regards
Lucia

Carol L McKenna said...

Beautiful photography of such a gorgeous flower ~ Wow!

Carol of A Creative Harbor ^_^

TexWisGirl said...

it is absolutely gorgeous! i love the softness!

Sylvia K said...

What an exquisite orchid, Indrani! I love the fragile, delicate color! Beautiful capture as always! Hope you've had a lovely weekend!

Pietro said...

I enjoy these nice orchids, Indrani!

DeniseinVA said...

I am happy you shared the two blooms today Indrani, it's very special and a lovely photo. Thank you for sharing it :)

Carver said...

That's a beautiful orchid. The flowers look so delicate and lovely.

AVCr8teur said...

Sorry, I don't know the orchid's name, but it looks beautiful.

George said...

I can't help you with the name of this orchid, but I really like the soft colors of the blossom.

SandyCarlson said...

So very, very beautiful!

R Sudhir Kumar said...

Nice Pic! Your are right the pink is so delicate.

Anuradha Shankar said...

beautiful!!! and such a lovely colour!

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Thankyou for your recent visit to my own blog, just calling by yours for a catch up. Orchids are some of my favourite flowers, loved photographing them when we were in Asia.