Jun 20, 2013

Disneyland Ride

Big Thunder Mountain: How does that name sound to you? Probably you are wondering what that could be! It is one of the most thrilling and wildest rides in Paris Disneyland. Does the name sound challenging to you now?

It was a lengthy queue as we approached the Big Thunder Mountain ride. I saw this as an opportunity to turn away from there. “Oh! This is going to take long, come let us see some other ride.” “Ma, we know you are scared so you want an excuse to get away from here. Don’t be so scared” my younger daughter pacified me. I was in no mood to listen to her. But my elder one joined her in cajoling me much to my husband’s amusement. Frankly these rides scare me, at the same time I didn’t want to spoil their fun. Both looked so excited and thrilled and were looking towards me with all eagerness for a ‘yes’. I didn't have the heart to disappoint them.


I was finding it really challenging to pick the courage and go for the ride. Thoughts like 'what if one of the wheels give away', 'what if I get thrown out of the seat' haunted my mind. The train, I heard, twists and turns through caves and rivers. As the queue grew shorter and I saw no escape, I had no other option but to pray for our safety. I could hear other riders in the ride screaming with delight, “See how they are enjoying!” my daughter said. “It must be out of fear” I replied and they giggled to that. Now I must pick up courage I thought.

Finally it was our turn! I found myself fixing the seat belts mechanically and tightly held to the railings in front. Then I shut my eyes tightly and faced the challenge. I decided to remain so for the rest of the ride and open them only if I would come out of it alive. As soon as it started I could feel fresh whiff of air and hear screams, I opened my eyes and saw blue sky, for a second I felt I was soaring in the sky and then I suddenly I started losing height. The train was going downwards at neck break speed. Then there was darkness, more screams, then a spray of water and what not!!!


At last it was over! I walked out smiling, very relieved and happy! I did relish the challenge! My daughters seemed happier seeing me smile and they cheered together “You did it Ma!”


28 comments:

sylvia kirkwood said...

Good fro you, Indrani!! You did it and I know your daughters had even more fun having your with them!! Hooray!!

Łucja-Maria said...

I've been many times in Paris, I've never been Disneyland.
You post your great zachęciłaś me to visit this place next time.
greetings :)

Anu said...

I loved every bit of Disneyland Paris. This is a great ride.

eileeninmd said...

The Thunder Mountain ride at Disney use to be my favorite. It is a fun ride. Great shots!

Jim said...

Great!

Carol L McKenna said...

Brave woman and wonderful time and photos ~ Happy Day to you ^_^

Valerie said...

Congratulations on facing your fears and conquering them, Indrani! (.. and thanks for dropping by my blog).

Meghana Hassan said...

Looks like a great experience...

Pietro Brosio said...

Beautiful! I'd like so much to see Paris Disneyland!

magiceye said...

Thrilling!!

Krishna/കൃഷ്ണ said...

Great experience...

thanks

ladyfi said...

Well done you! We never went on the ride because of the long queues.

Rajesh said...

What an experience.

Bob Bushell said...

Scary. I'd rather go to an Eagle's nest, lol.

Gattina said...

I have never been there, maybe when my grandson is a little older. But anyway not even 12 horses could have pulled me on this thing !

Carver said...

Wonderful shots from the thrilling ride.

Kim Hkiss said...

I like rides and this one I won't let it pass if I will visit Disney again. Now I have an idea what to ride in case we visit Disneyland again thanks for sharing. Great shots!

Kim,USA

Spiderdama said...

Looks great and special! I love this rocks that looks like sand stone.
I do not like places like Disneyland, but I know it can be fun:-)

Sandy Carlson said...

I have those same thoughts about those rides. I admire your courage. I am the bag and towel holder!

Team G Square said...

Wonderful ride

Jeevan said...

I admire your courage taken for family! Sounds scary and thrilling.

Merisi said...

Well captured! :-)

Loved the Thunder Mountain ride in Florida.

allresourceupdates said...

Awesome capture...And Disneyland is always best not only for kids but for the older one as well... :-)

mysay.in said...

Even now I am scared of these rides .. i like others taking a ride .. but ask me if you want to see me faint :)
Nice to know about the ride
Nice photographs aswell

Arumugam Easwar said...

It's quite natural for most of us to get scared about those rides. But then, you must have had a thrilling experience which you'd never get in your life.

Kajal Banerjee said...

The frankness of the account is both interesting and amusing.You have finally succeeded in meeting the challenge but much of the credit goes to your daughters. I really enjoyed the post.

Ankur Anand said...

you are going places and i'm seeing it through your lens :)

Amazing wonders in my life said...

nice place